With the hot summers and mild winters, we have in North Texas, having a pest exterminator Frisco TX on call year-round is a must. Our worst winters usually give us one or two hard freezes but these are never enough to wipe out pest populations and the other nine months of the year are either hot or really hot, which is the perfect environment for pests of every kind to multiply and invade our homes. That’s why it’s so important for North Texas homeowners like you to take steps to keep cockroaches, ants, termites, ticks, stinging insects and other invading pests out of your house. You can do that by adding a few simple tasks to your regular home maintenance checklist:
Pest Exterminator Frisco TX: Outside Your Home
- Make a thorough inspection of the outside of your house, paying particular attention to access holes where utilities enter the structure. It’s important to seal all cracks and openings that can allow rodents and insects to enter. Seal smaller openings with caulk and larger ones with steel wool, as the abrasiveness of the fibers can deter some pests from trying to squeeze through the hole.
- Make sure grass is mowed and weeds and shrubs are trimmed, especially those close to the house. Tall grass and bushes are a great hiding place and breeding ground for many kinds of insects.
- Clean leaves and other debris out of gutters and downspouts. Pests need moisture to thrive, and gutters that don’t drain properly can lead to water pooling up around the house.
- Make sure none of the outside faucets are dripping and direct the air conditioner drain hose away from the foundation of the house to avoid water accumulation that can attract bugs.
- Repair any rotting wood on the house. Termites and other insects can be attracted to damp, rotting wood.
- Move firewood and mulch away from the foundation of the house.
- Make sure that screens and weatherstripping around windows and doors are intact.
Pest Control Company Frisco TX: Inside Your Home
- Make sure garbage is removed from the kitchen as soon as the trash can is full. Try to keep food debris out of other rooms in the house.
- Keep kitchen counters and food storage cabinets clean. The best way to control pests is to make sure that food isn’t easily accessible for insects or rodents. Sweep up all crumbs. Seal food containers and store ripe fruit in the refrigerator.
- Vacuum at least once a week.
- Keep pet food areas clean.
- Check under sinks in the kitchen and bathrooms to make sure there are no leaks that can allow water to accumulate.
You’ll never be able to completely eliminate all of your pest problems, but with the right preventative measures, pests infestations can be reduced. When you need professional help with bugs around your home, call the best pest exterminator Frisco TX, Bug Commander Pest Control, at (214) 307-1933.