The warm weather has arrived, and that means it’s time to go outside and play! For some, with this comes the need for pest control service in Frisco, TX to come by to get rid of backyard pests. With the outdoors being the domain of pests like mosquitos and other insects, pest control can only do so much to keep your barbecues bug free. Remember that mosquitos and stinging insects provide more than just an itch and discomfort. Mosquitoes are known to carry the diseases like the West Nile, and an allergic reaction to wasp or bee sting can mean a trip to the emergency room. Here are ten tips to help limit pests at your backyard summer festivities.
- Mosquitoes generally come out to feed at dusk and dawn. Try to plan outdoor activities around peak times, but if the festivities will carry on into the night keep insect repellent containing DEET or Picaridin on hand. In addition to insect repellent, citronella candles also act as a mosquito repellant. For more tips and preventative measures to combat mosquitos contact a pest control service in Frisco, TX.
- Stinging insects such as wasps and yellowjackets are attracted to fragrances like perfume and candles, as well as food and drinks. Try to avoid using scented items before heading outside, and use clear plastic cups to avoid giving hiding spots to stinging insects.
- Make sure there is no wasp, and other stinging insect nests around your home to help limit stinging insects in the area. If there are nests and you need help to clear it, have a pest control service in Frisco, TX to remove it.
- Check screen doors for holes, and if there are any repair them. Also, to keep doors closed as guests enter and exit the house.
- All food and drinks should be kept in sealed coolers and containers.
Trash should be kept away for guests and placed in sealed containers.
Keep tables and other surfaces clean of trash, spills, and crumbs.
- Bring in utensils and dishware inside right after a meal.
- Rinse all beverage bottles, cups, and cans before throwing them away in garbage containers.
- Try serving the food and drinks inside, and have eating and activities outside.
- Drain and empty standing water sources to prevent mosquitoes from using it as a source for breeding grounds.
- The use of barrier poisons can also be very effective to keep pests away from your barrier activities.
Help keep your summer backyard bashes safe and pest free this spring and summer by contacting Bug Commander at (214) 307-1933 or by visiting them online if you need pest control service in Frisco, TX.