Mosquitoes are not only annoying insects that can ruin an outdoor event, but they can also be a health risk to you and your family. Mosquitoes can carry dangerous diseases which can lead to severe injury and death. It’s essential to reduce the areas where these pesky insects can breed to create a safer and more enjoyable outdoor space around your home. Areas with standing water are prime spots where mosquitoes lay their eggs. By eliminating standing water in your yard, you can reduce the number of mosquitoes around your home.
The following tips will help in finding and removing mosquito breeding grounds and problem areas around your home.
- Get rid of any tires on your property that are laying around. If you have a tire swing, drill a hole in the bottom of it so that no water can collect inside it.
- If you have wheelbarrows, wading pools, or other large containers in your yard that are not in use, turn them over. This will prevent any water from collecting inside them.
- Birdbaths should be cleaned regularly and the water in it should be changed weekly.
- Remove any twigs, leaves or other debris from your eavestroughs.
- If you have a compost pile, turn it over regularly.
- If you have plans of installing a pond, place it an open area. The wind will keep surface water moving and reduce the likelihood of mosquitoes laying eggs there. If there is no open area available, add a fountain to your pond to keep the water moving. Consider adding fish that eat mosquito larvae to your pond.
- Keep your swimming pool adequately maintained to prevent mosquitoes from turning it into a breeding area. Chlorinated water and filtered system are effective in keeping mosquitoes away. Be sure that any covers put on the pool are stretched tightly and do not allow for puddles to form. These stagnant areas of water can quickly become breeding areas for mosquitoes.
- Consider purchasing a mosquito repellent system to use in your yard. Visit your local hardware store and speak with a representative about the options that are available. Choose a device that fits best with your home and your budget. There are also a variety of natural mosquito repellent products that you can purchase or make yourself at home.
If you are looking for a pest exterminator to help you with your mosquito problems in Frisco TX, contact Bug Commander at (214) 307-1933 today!